Peacekeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Gallery
Change to HC guild? Empty

Change to HC guild?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xiahoudun

PostSubject: Change to HC guild?   Change to HC guild? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 pm

I was thinking, maybe its not a bad idea to be a HC guild more than a raiding guild?
HC's are easier to organise, helps ppl get better gear and attracts lvl 80 players that are out for better gear as well. Then later, when we have enough members (of all classes) we can focus on raiding. Just an idea though, any thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down
Pax
Admin
Admin
Pax

PostSubject: HC guild   Change to HC guild? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 am

TY for your post.
Its a good idea. It will be a while untill we can call us a true Raiding guild so we can call us a HC/Gearing guild.
We also need more members, so keep trying to invite new ones. Prefer high lvl, but also good to get others to join.

All ppl in the guild are able to make events on the calendar, so I hope you all will work on that.
Invite for HC runs through the calendar. Helping ppl with gearing is good!
That is the best way to get to know eachothers play, and make us good at teamwork.

Keep up the good spirit! Smile

Pax king
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Paxme
mike
mike

PostSubject: Re: Change to HC guild?   Change to HC guild? EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:10 am

The biggest problem the guild has is a shortage of Tanks (and not quite enough healers). This is the same problem for HC or Raids at the moment but I think HC are a bit easier to manage.

Sadly my (lack of) keyboard skills rule me out but am quite happy to help with enchants , gems and imfo for people who would like to have a go.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Xiahoudun

PostSubject: Re: Change to HC guild?   Change to HC guild? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Well, if we have a tank that usually goes through his HC's quite easily he can team up with Xia (strong tank and strong heal) and 3 others for DPS (to collect better gear for tanking / dps / healing) we should be able to boost some people gear wise or help them emblem farming. We could easily gear up Fluoriscent and others to be imba tanks up to the point that they can emblem farm with random parties Smile. Once we get some tanks geared up they can help other members easily cheers
Back to top Go down
mike
mike

PostSubject: Re: Change to HC guild?   Change to HC guild? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:33 am

Sounds like a plan to me :-)

Fluor and Pab are the only two 'trainee' Tanks that I know of at the moment (and Pax has a Paladin I think - not sure how far advanced).

Graham (Venger and Archalbert) and Blood are the only well geared Tanks in the guild I am aware of at lvl 80 at the moment. Neither are about quite so much these days (various reasons) so we will need to make the most of the opportunities.

It is also possible to equip a chara from crafted & rep items (or at least get a good start), these require farming for mats/cash but are quite a lot cheaper if made by farming and using a guildie to make them than buying ready made on AH. For example Saronite Swordbreakers (Wrist) are usually a little short of 2000g on AH but by getting mats from AH could be made for less than 1150g*, if you farm some of the mats it gets cheaper!

Mats for Swordbreakers

8 Titansteel bars(1) say 640g
4 Crusader Orbs(2) say 400g
20 saronite Bars(3) say 50g
Total 1090g

(1) each Titansteel is 3 Titanium Bars @ 16g = 48g plus Eternals (fire+earth+shadow) say 35g, total 78g each
(2) Crusaders can be bought for less than 100g on AH OR buy 6 Frozen Orbs at about 17g = 102g
(3) Most high level miners are awash with Saronite - Kharlid is happy to donate a stack to help equip a Tank - but it can be bought on AH for 40g a stack or less

Some of the crafted gear (wrist & chest) is much higher level (245) than drops from HCs (about 219max)- not as good as Frost emblems but about as good as Triumph
The rest of the crafted gear is more basic (the runed orb stuff is a little betterat lvl226) as is the rep stuff (lvl200) but still epic and a good start.

If anyone wants to get gear crafted have a word with me first if you are not sure of prices to pay on AH etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change to HC guild?   Change to HC guild? Empty

Back to top Go down

Change to HC guild?
Page 1 of 1