Peacekeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Gallery
Another suggestion to guild Empty

Another suggestion to guild

Go down 
+2
Pax
Durbog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:
Another suggestion to guild Left_bar_bleue5/5Another suggestion to guild Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)

PostSubject: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I think for most ppl we are only leveling guild for low levels, and for that reason much ppl leaving us.

I think if we plan making that guild better we will need put level cap to invite ppl, i think 70+ will be good, age request 18+, any guild rules,application form i think can help us (with this we will force ppl to register to our forum), and in near future doing very often heroics, and optionally raids. Btw, can any1 write here any sugestion to raid times? (if we will do raids, we will need it, i think)

In our guild is very low fun for high lvls, for example heroics, raids etc.

Suggestion: for all members, who are not register to guild forum: we can demote it to rank "new recruit" and we will primote him, only when they are registered on gforum (if he/she will register to gforum he will /w any leaders and higher rank with his nick on gforum, that member will look at forum, whether (sorry for my english :-P ) is true, and if its true that mebers can be promoted again).

I think we will need kick all members with rank inactive, because 1/ it looks as guild for fun only, no serious guild 2/ guild are "full" with ppl with rank "inactive", inactive for very long time) (if they return to game and wish to be in us guild, they still can /w us)

We need force ppl register to our forum. (application form? ppl will need register to guild forum to gain higher rank than "new recruit" ?)
Back to top Go down
Pax
Admin
Admin
Pax

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:57 am

I agree to that we are a lvling guild for low lvls.
But note that many of the low lvl chars that has joined us, brought their high lvl alts l8r.
A lvl cap could be ok, but then we will not grow as "fast". How many have joined us after reaching lvl 70? Not many I think.
When a low lvl char reaches lvl 80, they will stay if they have had fun here.
Some leave couse they see this guild as lvling guild only. That is ok to me, but they are wrong.
We build friendship along the way lvling, so some will stay for the fun and couse off the good ppl that are here.

Most ppl leaving are low lvl chars. Also some lvl80's leave, but are they leaving becouse of the low lvl chars in guild, or just to go the easy way to good gear?
We have struggled a bit on getting good gear. Couse we are not strong enough as a guild yet.
Lvl 80's that leave, often wants to join a high ranked raiding guild to get their "gear for free"

The reson the action for lvl 80 is low, is that we dont have enough lvl 80's online at the same time.
Also-- we ALL need to make events, and that way sort out what time is the best for raiding and HC runs.
I also think that if all members start thinking on doing more for guild spirit, and start groups and raids we will improve faster.
When others see progrees in that, they will want to stay aswell, and cant get to 80 fast enough.

Pax tried on an earlier state to send mail for all lvl 80's (At that time), asking what time ppl were able to do guildruins. Only 3 ppl replied!
I want this guild to be a fun guild. It is fun to lvl, and it is fun to do Raid/HC runs. I think we are able to do both!
So to make the guild more alive: take more responsibility on doing more runs. Post events in the calendar and make invites.
When we reach enough lvl 80s to be able to do a 25 men run, then we set cap at 70 for inviting new players. (Or even higher)

The ranks are showing what effort you do for the guild. PPL with no contribution to guild at all, will stay at "member" rank tops.
I also want all ppl to register on our forum, but I dont think we should demand that off all.
Will demand registration from all leaders. Cant become leader if not registered.
Note that Pax wants to approve any promotion for leader rank!

Inactive players will eventualy be kicked. Note that we have players here that has come back from absence, more than 6 months.
High lvl chars and friends tend to return. But ofcourse there should be a limit to inactivity.
I know that it doesnt look good with many inactive players, but I think we need to focus more on the activity the active players make.

And to me this guild is a sosial guild for fun. Still want us to focus on progress. But if ppl doesnt want to do raiding, they are still welcome to stay in the guild.
Want all members to have fun. Lvling members or raiding members.
All lvl players :"Stay in the guild, help your friends, and soon we will become a strong guild able to do most raids and runs."

Fell free to make comments!
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Paxme
Venger

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:45 am

I mostly agree with Pax, some of the low level charas have brought alts with them, in some cases not into the guild but have come on runs with us.

People like Pabloga & Bloga have been with us since fairly low level but I hope when they do get to level 80 then they will want to stay with us. Most of the raiding guilds I have been have people who play a LOT of WoW, I like that we are a guild for people who dont play as much.

Remember we are getting better, we now often have enough to do heroics and we are much better at doing them now, we are gearing up slowly.

I think we do want to remove some of the players who are inactive, we should keep the people who were with the guild for a long time though, as they might come back.

I dont think we need to have a level cap yet for new members, but maybe you should not be able to reach a certain rank unless you are a higer level. An age cap I think is quite a good idea for new members but I cant see how we can really apply that, no way of telling how old somebody is.

To raid we need more tanks and healers, we need some of our current lvl 80's to try and learn (duel spec) and gear when their class allows it (I have started tanking with my DK and its pretty easy) and maybe get a new player or two. But the numbers are improving and we are getting better. If we rush to much we will grow then shrink because people will join who expect to much.

Not a bad idea about making people use the forum though, maybe higher level ranks should have to use the forum.

As for times to raid, dont really need it I think for instances, we are not ready to raid yet so its not a problem, but will be when/if we get that far.
Back to top Go down
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:
Another suggestion to guild Left_bar_bleue5/5Another suggestion to guild Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Venger wrote:
I like that we are a guild for people who dont play as much.
I agree with you, i love that guild, but i think we need more ppl(we invited much ppl, but only few of them stay in guild). Most ppl, which we invite, leave us. My suggestion are for making that guild bigger. If my suggestion are bad, ok, your suggestion are very welcome, i think.
I think our very big problem is "we have "few" permanent guild members (15+/- i think)".
Suggestion: We can write invitation messages in town in trade channel, but if we will do that i think we must present as a guild for people who dont play as much

Ok, we dont need raid times now, and ,i think, in near future it is dont needed too.

Durbog wrote:
I think if we plan making that guild better we will need put level cap to invite ppl, i think 70+/
ok, it will be bad idea because
Pax wrote:
A lvl cap could be ok, but then we will not grow as "fast". How many have joined us after reaching lvl 70? Not many I think.
When a low lvl char reaches lvl 80, they will stay if they have had fun here.
Some leave couse they see this guild as lvling guild only. That is ok to me, but they are wrong.
We build friendship along the way lvling, so some will stay for the fun and couse off the good ppl that are here

Durbog wrote:
age request 18+, any guild rules,application form i think can help us (with this we will force ppl to register to our forum)

Age request: Your view about that?
Venger wrote:
An age cap I think is quite a good idea for new members but I cant see how we can really apply that, no way of telling how old somebody is
It is true...but mature player say/write different than, for example, child , who is 10 years ago.

guild rules: Will we need it or no?

Application form: will we need it?

Durbog wrote:
and, i think we can put into rules of us weekly charged, based of characters level, for example level 80 50g...
Venger wrote:
I dont think we should have a fee to pay into the bank, I pay for my own repairs so dont intend to pay 50g into bank for each of my lvl 80 chara's, def not each week (I dont make that much).
in game is daily quests which are only gold making, they are very short, i know 2, 1 is in K3, put mines on the ground, and second is near K3, in Brunnheald village(i dont know precise name of this location Cool ) (here u will do long chain to gain reputations and acces to Sons of Hodir), these 2 quests are complete in around 10 minutes +/-, and reward is 13g +/- for each, it is 26 golds per day per character per 10 minutes...50 g is only my suggestion, it can be only 10g for 80 lvl, but i think any fee will be good (from these fee can be paid repair cost for tanks for example)
Pax wrote:
Still I wont put up a GB fee for all. That will be to hard for those that doesnt have a lvl 80.
The fee will be depend of characters level, for example, level 10 will pay 50s per week, level 50 4g per week etc. And my suggestion for this is: level 1-59 nothing, level 60-69 will pay 5g, 70-79 will pay 10g, and levels80 will pay 15g

registering ppl to forum: Your suggestion, how to force ppl to registering to guild forum?
Pax wrote:
We need ppl to register, but dont thing that demoting members that dont register is a good idea.
But to get above member rank, we can demand registration.
Will be it sufficient? But ok, good idea, we can do that for now, i think. (we still have 13 members registered at guild forum only)

Durbog wrote:
guild forum, sugestion: when are people join to guild, and if they need any promote (to members etc) they will need for it registration to guild forum, if they dont do that, they cant gain higher rank than "new recruit" (we have much ppl in guild, but here are registered around 12 ppl :-P )
your view about that?

P.S.: I think we need discuss about number of guild members and about members of guild which are registered to guild forum, and suggestion about that are welcome (i hope it Smile ), and from that reason i write my suggestion...

P.S.2 : i write it at work, then it is too much edited Razz

P.S. 3: Sorry for my english, i am from slovakia and i learn english only at school, then my english is no good Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Durbog on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 am

other suggestion: if any1 in guild ask for proffesion etc, will not link proffesion, but we will tell that character to look forum, who has how proffesion...if any1 really need that he must registering at forum...
Back to top Go down
Venger

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Firstly Durborg your English is pretty good, its certainly a lot better than my Slovakian (or any other language for that matter), no need to apologise for it m8. afro

Maybe we should introduce level cap, though I think maybe lvl 70 is a bit high, also we should have exceptions maybe for alts (and if somebody we know). Maybe level 40 or 50 would be a better start. If we want to be more picky on who we invite we may need to limit who can invite.

We should advertise for more mature players and we should avoid inviting those who write in a childish manner. I also do not suggest we advertive as a guild for part time players, just that we dont expect to much to fast from people. Some people will join and leave because we are not active enough but we cant accomodate all.

Guild rules are a good idea, we probably should list them and put them on forum (need to decide what they should be).
Bank rules, behaviour rules, gearing, who we invite, register on the guild forum etc

I think new players must register on forum before any promotion (maybe a week or two trial period).

The only thing I dont like though is paying a guild fee. I know that daily quests are easy and pretty quick to do but I dont want to commit my time to have to do them so I can pay a guild fee. I pay my own repairs anyway (and I am the tank normally), I prefer it that way. If I have to pay a guild fee each week I would probably take most of my alts out of the guild, I never have enough money as it is (gearing many alts, epic FM etc). I think asking people to pay a fee will scare people away from the guild not bring them to it, it is also difficult to enforce. I dont see any great value in having a lot of money in the guild bank.
Back to top Go down
mike
mike

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 am

I am not in favour of Guild fees in general.

We have 4 tabs in Guild Bank but really don't know what we want to put into them. There are a lot of different options but so far nobody has said this is what we should have. Some have said it is not worth having some items (like glyphs) but nobody has come forward for a plan for what we do want.

I don't think we need to make up our minds yet on this issue BUT

What are we going to do with Guild funds? I don't think we need another Guild Bank tab - we have 4 tabs which we don't yet know how to fill. We also have 3 tabs in the GC guild bank we can use to store stuff if we have a need/use.

Another problem with guild fees is keeping records, this is a very big job if you have regular fees.

It would be nice if more people registered and gave their ideas before we change too much so I think encourage people to register and to give their ideas.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 am

ok, guilds fee is bad idea
Back to top Go down
Pax
Admin
Admin
Pax

PostSubject: Poste ideas...   Another suggestion to guild EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am

I dont c any idea as a bad idea!

Any idea might be good, for some purpose.
If we had alot of members and many ppl wanted to join us - a guild fee would be good.
So dont stop posting your ideas, we can build new ideas on old others!!!

As to what we should put into guild bank....

I have been thinking that tab 1 should be for "low" lvl stuff. Good stuff!
Problem is that the stuff being put in is not so good. Its mostly what ppl dont want in their own bags, and cant sell.
If we put in what ppl would want to use, it would be helpful.

Tab 2 could be used for a higher lvl limit.

Tab 3 I think is good as a glyph and low lvl gems tab.

Tab 4 I thought would be a tab for great gear, epics, and hard to get mats, reciepes and so on.

As it is now, I am not sure we will be able to make it work.

But I know that glyphs are being used, and also gems.

Hence I think we should try to keep what ppl are using. We can sell or DE the rest.

The gold in th eguild bank can be used for different matters.
Paying raid tanks for gear repairs is one thing, but the income for GB is not high enough yet.
We can also use it for fun, like buying mount for some guild members, that can take 3 chars? (When we get a lot of gold in there)
Also using it to get gear for Tanks/healers that are helping the rest of the guild a lot.
(Only some ideas on what to use GB gold for)

PLZ correct my english if I type something wrong. ( Atleast give me a hint. I like to improve my englsih)
Back to top Go down
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Pax wrote:
I dont c any idea as a bad idea!

Any idea might be good, for some purpose.
If we had alot of members and many ppl wanted to join us - a guild fee would be good.
So dont stop posting your ideas, we can build new ideas on old others!!!

As to what we should put into guild bank....

I have been thinking that tab 1 should be for "low" lvl stuff. Good stuff!
Problem is that the stuff being put in is not so good. Its mostly what ppl dont want in their own bags, and cant sell.
If we put in what ppl would want to use, it would be helpful.

Tab 2 could be used for a higher lvl limit.

Tab 3 I think is good as a glyph and low lvl gems tab.

Tab 4 I thought would be a tab for great gear, epics, and hard to get mats, reciepes and so on.

As it is now, I am not sure we will be able to make it work.

But I know that glyphs are being used, and also gems.

Hence I think we should try to keep what ppl are using. We can sell or DE the rest.

The gold in th eguild bank can be used for different matters.
Paying raid tanks for gear repairs is one thing, but the income for GB is not high enough yet.
We can also use it for fun, like buying mount for some guild members, that can take 3 chars? (When we get a lot of gold in there)
Also using it to get gear for Tanks/healers that are helping the rest of the guild a lot.

PLZ correct my english if I type something wrong. ( Atleast give me a hint. I like to improve my englsih)

ok

Pax, your view about my other sugestion (force ppl to registering to guild forum etc) ?

Pax wrote:

The gold in the guild bank can be used for different matters.

other idea: we can be buy recipes for proffesions from AH, (which are dropped, not from trainers)(from raids etc)

and other suggestion: we can put into gbank on tab 4 all frozen orbs we have, because in patch 3.3.3 we can trade frozen orbs for others items
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html[/url]
Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.
For those curious, here are the items for which you can trade your Frozen Orbs to Frozo. These each cost 1 Frozen Orb unless noted otherwise in parentheses:

* Crusader Orb (6)
* Runed Orb (4)
* Eternal Fire
* Eternal Earth
* Eternal Water
* Eternal Air
* Eternal Life
* Eternal Shadow
* Frost Lotus
* Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet [Tailors Only] (6)
(this info is from wowhead.com )
Back to top Go down
Pax
Admin
Admin
Pax

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 am

TRying to answer your questions Durb:

I dont think we should force ppl to register, but we can give some rewards for it?
But your idea about setting a rank limit for ppl that are not registered is a good one.

Using the GB gold for buying recipes for proffesions from AH sounds good to me.
What is difficult is to sort out who is going to get the recipes?
Should be ppl that tend to be online a lot.

Should also try to get what ppl in the guild needs.

Somebody else has any idea how to do this?

I also heared about the using of frozen orb as curency.
I also think there was a way to use borean leather for buying Frozen Orbs, so hang on to your leather or send it for a LW to change it for Frozen Orbs.
I might be mistaken but think leather can be exchanged for orbs at LW vendor in Dalaran
Back to top Go down
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Pax wrote:
I also heared about the using of frozen orb as curency.
I also think there was a way to use borean leather for buying Frozen Orbs, so hang on to your leather or send it for a LW to change it for Frozen Orbs.
I might be mistaken but think leather can be exchanged for orbs at LW vendor in Dalaran

If it is true it be very good .-) and in next pach we can trade frozen orbs to crusader orb :-) (crusader orbs i think is needed for crafting items from recipes dropped in raids only, and crusader orbs are dropped only in raids = with this new trader we can craft items from recipes dropped in raids easier i think Smile )
Back to top Go down
mike
mike

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Crusader orbs are required for some of the recipes on AH. You can buy them on AH for about 150g each. The recpipes are for chest and wrist. You can also get Crusader orbs by trading emblems for them

The recipes require skill 450

Venger has 5 of the 6 Blacksmithing recipes.
Saintalbert has all 4 Tailor recipes.

At the moment we don't seem to have a leatherworker with 450 skill.

The items made are level 245 which is the same as items purchased with Emblems of Triumph.

Getting the 4 mail reipes and the 4 Leather recipes would be nice once we have a leatherworker with 450 skill (I think it is just 4 of each).
Back to top Go down
Durbog
Admin
Admin
Durbog

my rpg game
Durbog:

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 am

mike wrote:
Crusader orbs are required for some of the recipes on AH. You can buy them on AH for about 150g each. The recpipes are for chest and wrist. You can also get Crusader orbs by trading emblems for them

The recipes require skill 450

Venger has 5 of the 6 Blacksmithing recipes.
Saintalbert has all 4 Tailor recipes.

At the moment we don't seem to have a leatherworker with 450 skill.

The items made are level 245 which is the same as items purchased with Emblems of Triumph.

Getting the 4 mail reipes and the 4 Leather recipes would be nice once we have a leatherworker with 450 skill (I think it is just 4 of each).

i skill up LW, but i need much leathers :-P
Back to top Go down
Pax
Admin
Admin
Pax

PostSubject: Not Frozen Orbs for leather :(   Another suggestion to guild EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:48 pm

SRY guys I was mistaken.
Cant buy FO's from leather. It was Arctic fur.

My mistake!

Pax
Back to top Go down
Xiahoudun

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Personally i think a level cap would be a bad idea, because if you invite ppl of higher lvl, they probably came from another guild and wont have any issues with leaving if it does not suit their purpose. Inviting newbies and being patient would have a better payoff since the longer they stay, the less likely they are to leave. And the longer they are part of the guild the more likely they'll try to change it rather than leave it for another one. I mean hey, at what lvl did i get in here? Twenty something? A lvl cap woulda had me in another guild by now. Also, since healers are the hardest to find, it might be easier to farm them when they are noobies and harvest them at lvl 80 xD.

Sure, a LOT of low lvls will probably go inactive or leave but for the few that stay, i'd say its worth it. Especially considering the amount of guilds that are aiming for high lvl healers / tanks.

Lol, maybe an underling system would be cool, like helping a noobie who has the same class / spec. Just a random thought Smile
Back to top Go down
burden

burden

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:14 am

Totally agree with you there.

However FARM? HARVEST? That sounds horrible! ha ha
Back to top Go down
Xiahoudun

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:09 am

Then howabout indoctrinate and recruit? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another suggestion to guild   Another suggestion to guild Empty

Back to top Go down

Another suggestion to guild
Page 1 of 1